The mission of school leaders is to put the Catholic vision for education into effect. The Middle Leaders Programme will establish the main building blocks of successful leadership, meeting the needs of those who wish to develop their experience and impact at wider school leadership, maximise their skills and effectiveness.
The Middle Leadership Programme has been designed to provide high quality leadership development for those people already working, or seeking to work in Roman Catholic schools.
At the heart of the programme is the emphasis on how values are conveyed at all levels of leadership within Roman Catholic schools, as well as specific leadership strategies that will help raise achievement.
Who is it for?
Existing or aspiring middle leaders
MIDDLE LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME
–PRIMARY AND SECONDARY
Overview of Content
- Core principles of a Catholic school. Spiritual leadership in practice.
- Identifying areas for personal development.
- Spiritual leadership – Faith into decision making. Working with leadership at all levels.
- The school improvement agenda.
Day 1 – Self-Assessment
- Coaching and communication skills. ‘The challenges of middle leadership’.
- Self, Role, Context.
- Use of time assessment.
- Leadership styles and the emotionally intelligent leader.
- The Leadership Focus Project.
Day2 – Building Teams – Team Basics
- Leadership through others.
- Leading Learning.
- Leading in the wider school.
- Distributed leadership.
|Cost||All Saints RC School, York
|• Dealing with the difficult.|
28/11, 20/2 & 8/3
|Day 3 – The 2020 Middle Leader
• The Leadership Focus Project.
|Time||9.30am – 3.30pm||• Leading in the new self-supporting school system.|
|• Leadership development portfolio.|
|• Next steps.|
To get in touch or to find contact Steve Sandwell email@example.com
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied:
Cancellations within two weeks of the first event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge. If delegates do not attend all three sessions, your school will still be charged the full amount.