‘God has created me to do Him some definite service; He has committed some work to me which he has not committed to another’ Blessed John Henry Newman
The role of leading a Catholic school is an important ministry in the Church. It is the translation of personal faith into a professional context and raising standards. The following programmes weave the strands of leadership formation namely, personal growth and spiritual formation, the context of Catholic education and theological formation as well as professional learning. The programme will help to identify and secure our leaders of the future.
Who is it for? Assistant Headteacher sand existing middle leaders of Catholic schools
Venue All Saints RC School, York
Dates 24/10, 3/12, 14/1, 13/2 & 25/3
Time 9.30am -3.30pm
The programme will run concurrently with the Aspiring Headteacher Programme. Assessment and support will be bespoke to individual needs.
ASPIRING DEPUTY HEADTEACHERS
–PRIMARY AND SECONDARY
Overview of Content – Part 1
(Led by a National Leader of Education)
- Core principles of a Catholic school. Spiritual leadership in practice.
- Roles and responsibilities of a Headteacher in a Catholic school.
- Identifying areas for personal development.
- Spiritual leadership – ‘Faith into decision making’.
- Maintaining the Catholic ethos in a changing educational climate.
- Working with leadership at all levels. Partnerships with stakeholders.
- The school improvement agenda.
Overview of Content – Part 2
Day 2 – Self, Role and Context
- The opportunities and challenges of senior and system leadership.
Day 3-Building High Performing Teams
- Key leadership strategies, assessment and appraisal.
Day 4- Leading in the New Self – supporting School
- What does effective senior leadership look like?
- The day will also include preparing an application form and supporting statements.
- Interview technique and presentation skills.
Overview of Content – Part 3
Full recruitment process including:
- Formal interview
- Collective worship
Please note that in the event of a cancellation the following terms will be applied: Cancellations within two weeks of the event: 50% charge; cancellations within 48 hrs of the event/no show: 100% charge